Electric Vehicles in Ski Resorts [Bonus Episode #08]
In conjunction with Ski Flight Free, this is a Ski Podcast Special all about Electric Vehicles in ski resorts.
Find out more about driving to the Alps and in ski resorts from four EV owners in the ski industry.
– Find out more about the Ski Flight Free campaign
– Up to 75% of the greenhouse gas emissions generated from a ski holiday come from your journey to resort
– According to the Ski Club of Great Britain 35% of skiers plan to drive to their ski holiday this winter (twice the numbers for last year)
– There are now 164,000 EVs in the UK
– Registrations for pure-EVs in 2020 to date are up 158% YOY
– You can find out more about Tesla vehicles here
– AliKats have a Renault Kangoo Z.E.
– This page on the Sno website has some great advice about driving an EV to the Alps
– You can see the full Tesla charging map here
– Montagne Verte is an excellent community environmental organisation in Morzine
– President Macron has pledged green subsidies for France
– Excellent options for a family EV are the Hyundai Kona and Kia eNero
– Have a look at EV-Pow.com for fitting charging points in France (a great idea for a tour operator looking for a competitive advantage)
Enjoy your skiing this winter and if you do want to reduce your emissions, please remember to Ski Flight Free