Jon-allan Butterworth, Paralympic Snowboarder [Bonus Episode #20]
In this Ski Podcast Special, Iain speaks with Paralympian Jon-allan Butterworth.
A four-time Paralympic medallist, Jon-allan recently joined GB Snowsport’s Para Snowsport World Class Programme following his retirement from Britain’s professional cycling programme in December 2020.
- Jon-allan won three silver and one gold medal at the London 2012 and Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, and will represent Team GB in the Para Snowboard discipline in the Banked Slalom and Boarder Cross events.
- Jon-allan’s first event will be at SnowWorld Landgraaf in the Netherlands
- You can listen to our Ski Podcast Special with GB Snowsports Team Manager, Pat Sharples
- Jayne Kavanagh is GB Snowsport’s Head of Culture and Para Operations
- Prior to his sporting career, Butterworth was a member of the RAF and served in Afghanistan, in 2005, and in Iraq before losing his left arm below the elbow in a rocket attack in August 2007.
- In 2015, Jon-allan Butterworth took part in Channel 4’s ‘The Jump’: