79: The new ‘Travelski Express’ Train, Expert Season Predictions & Ski Jobs Post-Brexit
In Episode 79, we discuss the latest testing & travel rules, reveal how the new direct snow train will operate and listen to industry experts’ predictions for season.
We also find out about Dynastar’s new 21/22 skis, meet the latest member of GB Snowsports squad and find out if you can still work overseas in a post-Brexit world.
Iain was joined by Alyn Morgan from SkiKitInfo.com and Christa Jackson, LDA resident and Area Manager for Eurocamp.
- You can ski right now in Saas Fee and Zermatt in Switzerland
- Al was testing skis at The Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead
- Christa last skied in Lauterbrunnen, Swizerland
- PCR tests are being replaced for the fully vaccinated
- A Covid certificate may be required to ski in Switzerland, and possibly in Italy as well
- The Pass Sanitaire will apply to children in France from 30 September, so children’s vaccinations in UK may become even more relevant
- Austria have extended the max duration since full vaccination to 12 months from 270 days
- According to figures from the NHS, less than 1.5% of red and amber list arrivals tested positive in the week between Aug 26 and Sep 01
- Iain spoke to the following contributors at the Ski Launch event in London about their predictions for this winter season: Cathy Rankin (P&V), Nick Morgan (Le Ski), James Gambrill (Ski Club of Great Britain), Doug Newman (Ski Weekend), Jane Bolton (Erna Low), Hannah Zajic (Austrian Tourist Board)
- Listen to our Ski Podcast Special about Erna Low here
- Find out more about the ‘Travelski Express’ in this blog post at Ski Flight Free
- Charlie Owen from SBiT has been on the podcast previously discussing post-Brexit recruitment in Episodes 8 and 20
- We featured Al’s review of Faction Dictator 3.0 in Episode 78 and discussed the Elan Voyager ski in Episode 71
- Read more about Dynastar’s range of skis for this winter on the SkiKitInfo website
- Jon-allan Butterworth is a multiple Paralympic medal winner in cycling
- Listen to our Pat Sharples Ski Podcast Special here
- He took part in ‘The Jump’ in 2015
Thanks to Andy (aka ‘sailormissingsnow’) for his 5* review on Apple Podcasts
We really do appreciate reading all feedback about the show, so please do email me firstname.lastname@example.org and if you can give us a review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes or
whatever platform you listen on, then that would be great, as it helps other people find us.
Don’t forget you can always buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast and all cuppas are much appreciated.
Thanks again to Switzerland Tourism for supporting the podcast