159: Skiing in Austria in October, Wipeout Piste Maps & whether to rent or buy your Snowboard
In Episode 159 we discuss piste maps, skiing in Austria in October and look back at the National Snow Show. We also ask whether you should rent your snowboard in resort, rather than buying.
Iain was joined by Gethin James and Julie Slaughter, founder of Wipeout, as well as down the line by Chris Moran from Intersport Ski hire.
- Gethin skied with his family in The Lecht in Scotland
- Julie’s hike was to the beautiful Lac Blanc in Chamonix
- Les 2 Alpes has confirmed it won’t open this autumn
- Iain presented about driving an electric car to the Alps at the National Snow Show
- Listen to our special episode about the 2022 National Snow Show here
- The women’s GS at Solden was cancelled, although the Men’s race did take place
- The Men’s Downhill races in Zermatt have also been cancelled
- Mia Brookes took 9th place in her World Cup Big Air debut
- Les 3 Vallees is the largest ski area in the world
- Check out the Wipeout range on their website
- Listen to our snowboard special here:
- Listen to our special episode with Chris Moran here
- You can book snowboards at www.intersportrent.com and ask questions via their
- Facebook page
Please do get in contact on social @theskipodcast or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Frisby: “The Ski Podcast is really good. I really enjoy listening to it”
Nick Axten-Rice: “The Ski Podcast is really good”
Sally: “An absolute must listen for anyone desperately waiting on the ski season to start!”
John Greenwood: “Keep up the good work!”
Matt Hayes: “Great review of the show, really enjoyed the day and the live episode of The Ski Podcast”
Raymond Can: “I really enjoyed the podcast #96 re Chamonix and it got me excited about our February 2023 trip”
Mark Davis: “Thank you for another great ski podcast. My children, who are 9 and 10 and I listened to it last night…they always enjoy the ski podcast, being slightly obsessed with the slopes. I always look forward to an episode and dream of the places we can go”
If you’d like to do something to support the podcast, there are two things that would really help.
1) Review us on Apple Podcasts
2) If you’re enjoying the podcast you can always buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
Don’t forget we have 158 other episodes to catch up on – typically 75-100 get listened to every week.
Thanks to Les 3 Vallees for sponsoring The Ski Podcast