Episode 44: Gstaad, Verbier, and your dream ski job!
In Episode 44 we learn how to pronounce Gstaad, find out about the snow in Verbier and we offer you your dream ski job.
Plus we have follow up interviews with Chemmy Alcott, the guys from ‘Ski A&E’ (starting from 09 Dec) and the latest news on Timberline.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
- Exactly how do you pronounce ‘Gstaad’? (2:00)
- Swiss Air and SBB are expanding their Flugzug programme (3:00)
- Jim has been skiing in Val Thorens (5:00)
- Jim experienced the warm Foehn wind (10:30)
- Club Med and the ESF have agreed to open two new ski schools in China (12:00)
- We previously discussed the rise of skiing in China in Episode 36
- Friend of the show Dave Burrows reports for us from Verbier (14:30)
- Ski A&E starts on 09 December on the W Channel. You can also read Iain’s interview in print on InTheSnow.com (18:00)
- We originally featured the story of Timberline in Episode 38 (our most listened to episode) (30:00)
- SkiBro are offering surely everyone’s dream job (34:00)
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes spoke at the London Ski & Snowboard Festival (37:00)
- Iain spoke to Chemmy Alcott about skiing again after giving birth (38:00)
- Chemmy has previously appeared on the podcast in Episodes 24, 25 and Episode 42 (42:00)
- Dave Moore contacted us (43:00)
“I loved the way you and Jim took the 2star in your stride. Great stuff Sure, as you say, you’re not going to be everyone’s cup of tea, and the tone with which you both seem to look forward to a bad review makes it all the better!”
- Thanks also to @APNorthfields for the Twitter mentions and enjoy the train out to the Alps (43:45)
- Jim and Iain are still trying to find a new book for the pod’s ‘Ski Book Group’ (44:00)
- We interviewed the author of ‘Skiing With Demons’ in Episode 20 (45:00)
- Jim really enjoyed ‘Inner Skiing’ by W. Timothy Gallwey (46:45)
- What’s going on with the Ski Club of Great Britain? They lost a lot of money and you can find out more about it here (50:00)
Coming up in Episode 45 (probably)
– Part 2 of Jim’s interview with Hannah from Winterised
– Iain finds out White Lines magazine (56:00)
– Driving to the Alps in an electric car (57:00)
– Les Arcs by train review