Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards, Ski Jumper [Bonus Episode #16]
Eddie tells us how his life changed after the ‘Eddie the Eagle’ movie was released, from Taron Edgerton perfecting his accent to Hugh Jackman asking to have a selfie with him.
- Eddie was in Courchevel with Ski Weekends, raising money for Ski for Cancer
- The idea for a movie first came about in 1999, but ‘Eddie the Eagle’ wasn’t made until 2016
- It was at Calgary 1988 that Eddie first made his name
- Jonty Learoyd is a talented junior ski jumper who is British by birth, but is competing for France
- We interviewed Charlotte Bankes about her switch from France to Team GB in Episode 25
- You can watch Eddie singing in Finnish here!
If you enjoy The Ski Podcast, you can buy me a coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast