Episode 52: The Aspen Ski Thief, Graham Bell’s ‘Hausenkamm’ & Andermatt
This week Jim and Iain interview Graham Bell about what inspired him to take on the famous ‘Hausenkamm’ ski run.
Iain finds out about the world’s most prolific ski thief in Aspen, as well as the rise and fall and rise of Andermatt.
There’s our ski book group chat about ‘Aiming High’ and travel advice from Dave Froome about that pesky thing called COVID-19.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
- Ski Sunday presenter Graham Bell recently filmed his ‘Hausenkamm’ demo run…in his own house! (01:30)
- Would you buy this Lego snowgroomer? You might get the chance soon. We first covered this in Episode 40 (8:00)
- Many thanks to Jason Auslander from The Aspen Times for sharing his time to tell us about notorious ski thief Derek Johnson (9:30)
- Jim and Iain wish to confirm that we have never been involved in any ‘dodgy dealing’ during seasons in ski resorts (23:00)
- Thanks to Doug and Christian for their kind words (25:00)
- Thanks also to everyone for our new reviews on iTunes (25:30)
- Don’t forget if you leave a review before 15 April then we will put you in the draw to win all this stash (25:00)
- Iain interviewed Lars Werner from the Radisson Blu in Andermatt about the history of the Swiss resort (29:00)
- Jim and Iain have been reading ‘Aiming High: The Life of Ski and Travel Pioneer Erna Low’ by Mark Frary (42:00)
- You can listen to our interview with Mark in Episode 51
- easyJet have put their flights on sale for next winter already (50:00)
- Dave Froome from specialist agent ifyouski.com gives his advice about claiming for refunds on cancelled holidays (52:00)
- There is a criminal investigation into a possible Covid cover-up in Iscghl (1:05)
- Ed Mannix runs Matterhorn Chalets in Zermatt (1:06)
- Friend of the show Alex Irwin is based in Courchevel 1850 (1:09)
150 Days of Winter
Cocaine in Aspen