Episode 46: How to Ski on Ice, Podcasts United & Folie Douce Les Arcs
In Episode 46, we learn how to ski on ice, find out more about the Folie Douce in Les Arcs and Jim meets our podcasting friends from the other side of the pond.
There’s a Team GB update and we find out more about the ‘bad old days’ of snowboarding from industry veteran Chris Moran.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
How to listen…
? iTunes – bit.ly/TheSkiPodcastiTunes
? Spotify – http://bit.ly/TheSkiPodcastSpotify
? Google Podcast – bit.ly/TheSkiPodcastGooglePod
? Acast – bit.ly/TheSkiPodcastsAcast
? Audioboom – http://bit.ly/TheSkiPodcastAudioboom
- The Youth Olympic Games are taking place in Lausanne from 09-22 January 2020 (2:00)
- Listen to our interview with Eddie the Eagle in Episode 29 (5:00)
- Watch out for Kirsty Muir leading the way for Team GB – our hot tip for a medal (5:30)
- Jim and Iain discussed driving on snow in Episode 45 (10:00)
- Club Med have released another bullshit survey. Seriously, do you eat 2kg of cheese a day when you’re on ski holiday? (11:00)
- Iain chats to Chris Moran about how he ended up on the cover of Issue 1 of White Lines Magazine, how pre-snowparks they had to dig their own half-pipes and more tales of the early days of British snowboarding (14:30)
- Watch out for our stand-alone episode coming soon featuring an interview with snowboarding veteran Chris Moran (17:00)
- Friend of the Show Dave Burrows is back with advice on ‘How to ski on ice’ (20:30)
- You can listen to Dave’s (1 hour, 41 minute) interview with Simon Butler on ‘The Ski Instructor Podcast’ (27:30)
- Jim teamed up with our podcasting friends across the Atlantic – the High Falutin SkiBums (28:30)
- Cannabis is legal in many states in the US (35:00)
- Iain interviewed Arthur Reversade, manager of the newly opened Folie Douce in Les Arcs (37:00)
- This is the possible Serre Chevalier project under discussion (41:00)
- Matt reported on the snow in Crans Montana (45:00). Thanks Matt!
- Sisters Zoe (1st Half Pipe World Cup, Copper Mountain) and Izzy Atkin (3rd Big Air World Cup, Atlanta) both picked up podiums for Team GB (46:00)
- Thomas Gerken-Schofield finished 4th in dual moguls in China – Team GB’s best ever result in this event (47:30)
- APNorthfields asked for an episode about avalanche safety, so watch out for this coming up in an episode soon (48:45)
- Listen to our discussion about the Haute Route in Episode 36
- Thanks to Mike Pow on Snowheads for his kind comments (51:30)
- Jim is skiing the Vallée Blanche in Chamonix. Listen to his report in the next episode (52:00)
- Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for supporting The Ski Podcast