98: Freefalling above the Eiger & the AJ Bell 3 Valley Rally
In Episode 98, we find out what it’s like to jump out of a helicopter above the Eiger and learn about a new event in Val Thorens raising funds to turn young lives around.
Presenter Iain Martin was joined by Olympic Skier Cross athlere Emily Sarsfield, Dan Keeley from Snowcamp and journalist Felix Milns.
Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for supporting the podcast
SHOW NOTES & TIME CODES
- A new record for the longest women-only rope chain was set on Breithorn in Zermatt in June 2022
- Listen to more conversation about gender representation in Episode 97
- Episode 97 was a Down Under special, featuring Australia and New Zealand
- The snow down under is still very good
- Jasmin Taylor is a Team GB telemarker and is currently working in Hotham, Australia (7:00)
- At the time of recording only Zermatt, Hintertux and Passo Stelvio were open to the public for summer skiing (9:30)
- Read Felix’s article about freefalling above the Eiger in The Telegraph (10:45)
- Watch Shane McConkey’s double front flip into base jump straight off the Eiger
- The AJ Bell 3 Valley Rally will take place in Val Thorens in April 2023 (21:00)
BobinCH: “Enjoyed Neil English’s stories about Villars [in Episode 96]. Slightly depressing to hear about the Mer de Glace situation but reminder to go back and enjoy it while we can!”
We enjoy all feedback about the show, so please do get in contact. Reviews and comments wherever you leave them are always welcome, whether on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, social media or via email to email@example.com