167: Van Life, Off the Grid in Méribel & Innsbruck Ski Jumping
In Episode 167 we discuss touring the Alps in a camper van, going off-grid in Les 3 Vallées, ski jumping in Innsbruck and follow up on the Ice Swimming World Championships in Samoens.
Iain was joined by Katie Bamber – online editor at Fall Line Magazine – and freelance journalist Katja Gaskell.
- Katie last skied in Cervinia, Italy (2:30)
- Al Morgan will be reporting on the SIGB Ski Test in Episode 168 (3:00)
- Iain reports on snow conditions in Meribel last week (3:30)
- Iain rented Rossignol Sky 7 skis from Intersport, fitted with touring bindings (4:00)
- Steve Angus reports from Val d’Isère (5:00)
- Stephen Spiers was skiing at Glencoe Mountain in Scotland (6:20)
- Jim Duncombe reports from La Clusaz (8:00)
- The Ice Swimming World Championships took place in Samoens (10:00)
- Iain spoke with Team GB competitor Cathy Munro in Episode 166
- Katie Bamber toured the Alps in an adapted camper van last winter (18:30)
- Read Katie’s article in Fall Line Magazine (20:00)
- Katie previously lived in Sun Valley, Idaho (26:00, 27:20)
- Iain ski toured to the Refuge du Saut in Meribel (28:45)
- Rob Rees reported from the Bergesil Ski Jumping event in Innsbruck (37:30)
I enjoy all feedback about the show, so please contact on social @theskipodcast or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Hargrave: “I’ve come across your podcast recently and I have to say that I LOVE it.”
Dave Mills (via BuyMeACoffee): “Recent convert, brilliant format and unbelieveable variety of ski, boarding, equipment, sustainability and resort-related subjects; now hooked for life!”
There are over 160 episodes to catch up with and 141 were listened to in the last week. Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode.