94: Skiing in Svalbard & Narvik, Jasmin Taylor interview & LISTEX
In Episode 94, we find out about skiing in Svalbard, Narvik in Norway and how Team GB got on in this winter’s Telemark World Cup.
We’ve also got snow reports from Japan…and Hemel Hempstead, we discuss new lifts in Les 2 Alpes and find out about the spring edition of industry networking event LISTEX.
Iain was joined by Jasmin Taylor, Team GB Telemark skier, freelance journalist Rob Rees and Al Morgan from SkiKitInfo.
- The Plaine Morte glacier in Crans Montana remains open for skiers until 05 June.
- Jasmin was in Hintertux, Austria
- LISTEX took place last week at The Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead
- Babsi Lapwood told us about LISTEX in Episode 92
- Iain spoke to Vanessa Fisher, Colin Matthews (Meriski), Stephen Morgan (National Snow Snow), Nick Williams (Mountain Heaven), Phil Brown (Impulse Racing) and Ian Brown (MD, The Snow Centre/Chill Factore)
- Jasmin Taylor has herbest season ever with 8 World Cup podiums including 2 wins (giving her 7 in total across her career)
- She finished second in the world behind Swiss skier Martina Wyss
- Team GB had their best season overall ever with Tim Gough recording his first top 10 result
- Jasmin will be working in Hotham in Australia this summer
- He will be writing up his adventure for Skier and Snowboarder Magazine~
- Chris Howie travelled to Svalbard in the Arctic Circle
- Chris booked his trip with Base Camp Explorer
- Listen to Chris’ experiences of heliskiing in Iceland in Episode 38
- Christophe Aubert is mayor of Les 2 Alpes
- The Jandri lift is being upgraded to an ultra fast 3S lift
- Al explained about how PIN touring bindings
- Listen to Iain’s report on ski touring in Morocco here
- Find out more about the Shift binding here
- Jasmin uses customised versions of the Meidjo binding
Please do get in contact with your feedback and reviews whether via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, social media (@theskipodcast) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
make_love_not_warz (IG): “Keep up the good work with the podcasting and tweets”
Andrea Dalton (FB): “Another great episode”
Don’t forget there are 145 episodes to catch up on, 93 listened to in the last week.
Coming up in Episode 95 we’ll be talking to Di Palumbo from Skiworld, Chris Brown from LaTania.co.uk and Arnie Wilson – the first man to ski every single day of a calendar year.
If you’d like to make your own small gesture to say thanks, you are very welcome to Buy Me A Coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
Thanks again to Switzerland Tourism for sponsoring The Ski Podcast