Episode 17: Buy a Ski Resort, Instructor Training & Meals on Wheels
Iain and Jim aren’t getting much skiing in at the moment which is probably why they are discussing skiing in fancy dress, what they would do if they bought a ski resort and their best ski related car boot sale find.
We have big news as The Ski Podcast wins its first award!
There is also a report from Meribel on what it is like to train as a ski instructor and they talk to Paddy the founder of Huski – a ready meals delivery company that could be set to shake up the traditional catered ski holiday.
- The award we won came from Snow Bistro – We were runners-up in the Best Snow Podcast Award. We were beaten to the top spot by the excellent Looking Sideways Podcast.
- Ski resorts for sale – Searchmont Resort, Maple Valley & The Petzenbahnen
- Resort Boneyard is a great website to buy all your ski resort equipment.
- This ski resort was once owned by Bruce Willis
Photo of Jim in fancy dress (snowboarding not skiing):
- Jim went to Meribel to chat to ski instructors training with Basecamp ski instructor courses. He also spoke to Craig from BASS.
- Huski is based in the French Alps and delivers food to the Les 3 Vallees resorts as well as Val d’Isere, Tignes, La Plagne, Sainte Foy, La Rosiere and Les Arcs.
- Read about the new EU laws on posted workers
- Jim might be skiing in Tignes this summer
- Get a copy of the Natives Chalet Cook Book by Iain Martin and Vicky Brown on Amazon.
Give us your feedback…