92: Andermatt, Nevis Range, LISTEX & ‘The Mighty Coe’ report
Episode 92 features Andermatt, LISTEX, the Nevis Range and The Mighty Coe event. Plus we have snow reports from around the Alps, and we find out when accidents on the piste are most likely to occur.
Iain Martin was joined ‘live’ by Babsi Lapwood from the Mountain Trade Network, Al Morgan from SkiKitInfo and Katie Crowe from Battleface Travel Insurance and down the line by Chris O’Brien from Nevis Range.
- The Ski Podcast has been voted ‘Best Wintersports Podcast’ in the Sports Podcast Awards. Thank you to everyone who voted for us.
- Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for supporting the The Ski Podcast
- 2022 marks the 175th anniversary of the Swiss railway – 1847 marked the opening of the first Swiss train route between Zurich and Baden.
- Simon Burgess told us about skiing in the Lake District in Episode 73
- Babsi skied in Sud Tirol
- In Episode 81, we discussed what length skis to get
- We discussed the wearing of helmets in Episode 88
- Dave Burrows from SnowPros Ski School reported from Morgins, Switzerland
- Alex Armand from Tip Tip Ski Coaching reported from Les 2 Alpes, France
- Steve Angus is a private instructor in Val d’Isere, France
- Elena Protopow reported from Tirol in Austria
- Iain was in Andermatt when the lifts closed in Switzerland at the start of the pandemic in March 2020
- Read about Iain’s journey by train on Ski Flight Free
- Samih Sawaris was the Egyptian responsible for the renaissance of Andermatt
- Iain’s guide was Florian Tresch
- You can take a look at Iain and Florian’s route here:
- Iain spoke with Chris O’Brien, MD at Nevis Range, re sustainability
- Nevis Range worked with carbonfootprint.com
- Listen to our interview with The Mighty Coe organiser Neil Dalgliesh in Episode 89
- Al was in Aviemore for the Glenmore Lodge Wild Weekend
- Check out ‘The Escalator’ here
- You can find out more about LISTEX here
- Iain visited the new Vallandry gondola in January
Reviews/comments wherever you leave them always welcome, Apple Podcasts, Spotify, social media or via email.
If you’d like some stickers, please email us with your address.
Don’t forget you can always buy me a coffee at buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast. All cuppas are much appreciated.
I also enjoy all feedback about the show, so please do email. You can follow me @skipedia and the podcast @theskipodcast