Episode 18: La Rosiere’s New Ski Area, Book Reviews & Ski Property
Even though there is a heatwave going on in the UK, Iain and Jim are still talking about skiing and snowboarding.
In this 18th episode of The Ski Podcast Iain tells Jim off for misspelling Val d’Isère and reveals the most misspelt ski resort (3:30). Iain reports on the new ski area in La Rosiere that will see two new lifts installed, five new red runs and access to a new freeride area (10:00).
Jim chats to Mark from Snowonly a worldwide property selling website that specialises in ski homes (20:00), plus we have our inaugural book club where Jim and Iain review winter-related literature (34:00).
- Find out all the ski resorts that are tricky to spell (3:30)
- Summer skiing in Val d’Isere (8:45)
- Alex’s video from 150 Days of Winter when he went skiing in Val d’Isere on 03 June
- Take a look at the new ski area being created on the slopes of La Rosiere (10:00). You can find more detailed information on their website and info on the verified length of pistes here.
- If you are buying or selling a ski property you can get more info on Snowonly.com (20:00)
- During our book review, we talked about these books:Tracking the Wild Coombas by Robert Cocuzzo (34:00)
Skiing With Demons by Chris Tomlinson (38:00)
Cham by Jonathan Trigell (41:00)
Boy A by Jonathan Trigell (42:00)
- And if you have never heard of Doug Combes watch this.
Give us your feedback…