Episode 59: Cool Runnings 2022, Emily Sarsfield, #SaveTheSkiTrain & Cahaya Straits
Iain was joined in Episode 59 by Megan Hughes, Digital Content Manager at InTheSnow.com and Olympian Emily Sarsfield.
We discuss the current quarantine situation, the impact on ski holidays for this winter, and Crystal’s decision to stop offering chalet holidays.
Emily tells us about her experiences at PyeongChang 2018, while Benjamin Alexander suggests a title for movie as he aims to represent Jamaica at Beijing 2022.
Plus we have interviews with new skiwear brand Cahaya Straits and Snowcarbon founder Daniel Elkan on the campaign to ‘Save The Ski Train’.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their continued support.
- You can find out more about the new Eiger Express in Grindelwald here
- We covered Emily’s Meribel Ski Yoga weeks in Episode 41
- Does skiing on the Zermatt glacier from Cervinia require a quarantine? Let us know what you think on Facebook or Twitter
- Is this the season to try skiing in Poland?
- Megan skied in Garmisch in Germany
- Les 3 Vallees have confirmed that masks will not have to be worn while skiing this winter
- There will be no chalets at Crystal Ski this season
- Mt Buller is letting season pass holders choose their refund amount
- You can listen to our interview with Miss SnowItAll (Rachael Oakes-Ash) in Episode 56
- Listen out our Ski Podcast special interview with Benjamin Alexander, who is hoping to be the first Jamaican Olympic Skier (or you can watch it on Facebook)
- Emily Sarsfield competed in Skier Cross at PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- You can listen to our PyeongChang specials here
- Cahaya Straits are a new company producing sustainable skiwear
- You can find out more about the Save The Ski Train campaign here
- Don’t forget to sign the petition
- Watch our Train Travel as a Facebook Live, broadcast by Ski Flight Free
- It will be released in an edited version as a Ski Podcast Special on 29 September
- Find out more about Protect Our Winters
- Thanks to ‘Whacker London’ for their 5-star review
- Also to Chris Howie: “Great episode! Keep up the good work.”
- We will be reviewing ‘A Whole Life’ by Robert Seethaler for Ski Book Group in Episode 60
Coming up in Episode 60
- Iain will be joined by Dave Burrows, who’ll be looking at the impact of Brexit
- Lucy Aspden, ski correspondent for The Telegraph, will be joining us with the latest on quarantine news
- Interview with Team GB telemarker Jasmin Taylor
- New Tech discussion with David Goldsmith, plus a look at future ski tech