Episode 56: Australia, NZ & Skiing in the ‘New Normal’ in Les 2 Alpes
In Episode 56 Iain interviews Rachael Oakes-Ash, founder of the Australian website, Snowsbest.com
Jim reports on skiing in the ‘new normal’ from Les 2 Alpes and we wonder if bears do that thing in the Arosa woods.
There’s news on a new virtual Ski Show and Iain looks forward to a visit to Saas Fee.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their continued support.
- Jim was summer skiing in Les 2 Alpes
- Why not visit the bears in Arosa?
- Iain is going to visit Saas Fee and Zermatt to test out skiing in the ‘new normal’ in Switzerland
- The ‘World’s Largest Ski Show‘ will be taking place virtually in October
- There may be some similarity between the WLLS logo and the Chamonix logo
- Eurostar have cancelled the direct train service to the Tarentaise. Iain is involved in the campaign to #SaveTheSkiTrain.
- You can find out more here and sign the petition here
- Rachael Oakes-Ash is better known as MissSnowItAll and runs the website Snowsbest.com, focusing on the Australian and NZ markets
- Thredbo and Perisher had huge problems trying to pre-sell lift passes when their websites crashed
- Mt Hutt opened last month with no social distancing restrictions
- Coronet Peak experienced one of their busiest night ski sessions ever, despite the current lack of a ‘Trans Tasman bubble’
- You can watch the brilliant ‘Iso’ videos from MissSnowItAll on her Facebook page:
- Yes, it’s true. Jim is leaving the podcast. Episode 57 will be his final episode!