Episode 54: How to build a chairlift in your garden & Dave Ryding interview
Jim and Iain (virtually) meet British slalom skier Dave Ryding in this episode and we find out about his training in lockdown, his new coffee shop and plenty more.
Iain interviews the inventor of the best homemade chairlift you’ll ever see and there’s news of how you can escape from the Valais in Switzerland.
- We would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their continued support
- Find out more about the Escape to Valais challenge here
- The recent industry survey by Skipedia had some worrying results
- On a more positive note Chamonix is preparing to open lifts from May 16
- And there is already skiing in Austria
- Iain interviewed Steve Cross, responsible for this amazing invention
- Thanks to Pablo Rodriguez and Leon Rossi for their reviews via our Facebook page and Mike for his via Snowheads
- Pedro Davidenko didn’t agree, but 93% of our iTunes reviews are 4* or 5* – why not have your say and give us a review or send us some feedback
- Thanks Andrew for your question about gay ski weeks. We’ll put this on the list for next season
- Dave Ryding is the UK’s top Alpine skier with two World Cup podium finishes and four Olympics under his belt already