Episode 53: Aspen’s Cocaine problem, Goggles for Docs & Courchevel
This week Jim and Iain go searching for good news in our post-COVID world find out about Aspen’s cocaine problem and how Timberline is on the up.
There’s interviews with Alex from Courchevel and Mark from Disability Snowsport UK and we discover yet another Ski Club of Great Britain CEO has resigned.
- In Alpe d’Huez, they are using ESF uniforms to make facemasks for frontline staff
- More face masks has being made in ski as businesses pivot their production
- Find out more about the Goggles for Docs project
- Mt Baldy opened for skiing last week, with social distancing in place
- Just in case you haven’t seen the homemade ski lift in a garden yet
- Zermatt has been projecting onto the Matterhorn to show their solidarity with the rest of the world
- In the meantime, Dick Yates Smith has a different Covid message:
- Zermatt has also been in the news for other reasons
- The CEO of the Ski Club CEO has resigned. Listen to our look at their travils in Episode 44
- Jason Auslander tells us about the cocaine problem in Aspen
- You can listen to our interview with Jason about ski thief Derek Johnson in Episode 52
- We first covered the problems in Timberline in Episode 38
- Thanks for all the reviews from Daniel King, Paul Gilpin and Leon, as well as ‘wsirhc’ on Snowheads
- Our competition winner is GJ Harvey
- Pablo Rodriguez asked about Scotland, where Iain hopes to ski next winter and Spain (we mentioned Baqueira in Episode 49)
- Jim interviewed Mark from Disability Snowsport UK
- Iain interviewed Alex Irwin about his ‘150 days of Winter’ project
An exclusive interview with Dave Ryding – we’ll be finding out about life behind the scenes and how his barrista training is going!