Episode 51: Digging Holes in The Snow, a New Ski Show & something called COVID-19
This week your hosts Jim and Iain are joined live by Rob Stewart – organiser of the UK’s proposed new Ski Show.
There’s no elephant in the room as we start off with a deep-dive into the devastating impact the Coronavirus has had on the ski industry.
Dave Burrows joins us with some avalanche advice, we interview the author of ‘Aiming High’ and you can win some stuff by giving us a review.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
- The big news: yes, we are on the 7 Best Ski Podcasts list by Rad Season (2:00)
- Did you hear about this thing called the Coronovirus? We discuss its impact on the ski industry, last week, right now and in the future
- In more cheery news the Telegraph Ski & Snowboard Festival and Magazine have both been cancelled (23:00)
- But the positive news is that a new ski show is planned, to be held at The Ski Centre in Hemel Hempstead in September (24:00)
- Iain enjoyed his last runs of the season in Arosa and Andermatt in Switzerland
We weren't the only ones heading for the 2748m Pazolastock from the Oberalpass station.Posted by Skipedia.co.uk on Saturday, 14 March 2020
- Jim goes into a hole with Dave Burrows in our Avalanche Feature
- Watch out for our one-off Avalanche special coming out soon
- Thanks to Pat MacInnes for your 5-star review
- Would you like to win all these goodies? Simply give us a review on iTunes to be included in the draw
Review us on iTunes and you could win all this…- Beanie from the Radisson Blu Hotel Reussen, Andermatt- Beanie from…Posted by The Ski Podcast on Tuesday, 17 March 2020
- Jim and Iain are reading ‘Aiming High‘ the biography of Erna Low in Ski Book Group
- Iain interviewed Mark Frary, author of the book
Coming up in Episode 52…
- The World’s Most Prolific Ski Thief
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Andermatt
- Iain and Jim review ‘Aiming High’