Episode 43: ‘Ski A&E’, Val d’Isère & the World Fondue Championships
In Episode 43 Jim tries to his first turns of the season in Saas Fee, Iain finds out about the new TV program ‘Ski A&E’, filmed in Val Thorens last winter. Steve Angus reports in with the latest from Val d’Isère and we consider entering the World Fondue Championships.
The Ski Podcast would like to thank Switzerland Tourism for their support.
- Jim looks out of his window to give us a snow report for La Clusaz (1:45)
- You can sign up for free snow alerts and resort reports at J2Ski.com (3:30)
- Ski Flight Free is not about ‘flight shaming’ but about helping people deal with their own ‘flight shame’ (6:00)
- Iain is on the alert for ‘greenwash‘ (6:45)
- Definitely not greenwash are the changes made by the Tschuggen hotel group in Arosa, Switzerland (9:30)
- Did you make it to the World Fondue Championships? (11:15)
- Iain interviewed John Quinn and Sean Doherty, producers of ‘Ski A&E’ – a new TV series coming to British television in December (14:00)
- Podcasting is becoming more and more popular (26:00)
- Jim interviewed Reuben Krabbe about his Nebula project (28:00)
- Steve Angus reports in with the latest news from Val d’Isère (40:00)
- Jim did not go to Saas Fee (47:00)
- We had our first 2-star review on Apple Podcasts 🙁 (49:30)
- On the plus side, there was some positive feedback too… (48:45)
Coming up in Episode 44 (52:00)
- Interview with Hannah from Winterized
- Chemmy Alcott with advice on skiing again after childbirth
- Interview with the producers of the TV program ‘Ski A&E’
- Feature on White Lines Magazine
Thanks to Switzerland Tourism for their support of the podcast.