Episode 19: New Lifts in Val d’Isère, London Ski Show & Hiring Ski Clothing
Jim and Iain report in for their final pod of the summer – yes, believe it or not, winter is only round the corner!
In Episode 19, Iain talks to the team from Val d’Isère Telepheriques (9:00) about the new gondola in La Daille and to the Telegraph about the London Ski Festival (14:30) in October.
Ed Mannix from Matterhorn Chalets gives us an update (3:00) on the summer snow conditions on the Zermatt glacier (hint: get up early!).
Jim chats to Oxygene, the Tarentaise ski school (29:00) who are adding in clothing hire as a new service for skiers this winter. Would you rent ski clothing, either from the UK or in the Alps? Let us know via email or on Twitter.
And we trail our next ski book group book: ‘Ski The World’ by Arnie Wilson, which we’ll discuss in our next pod in September.
Listen to the latest episode
Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Jim’s new skis are Salomon QSTs (2:00)
- The Matterhorn Glacier Paradise is one of the few places you can ski all year round (3:00)
- You can find out more about Le Rac Shack here (5:00)
- If you leave us a review us on itunes, we guarantee to read it out, like this from Jonny Goldsbrough (6:30)
- Find out more about the new La Daille lift in Val d’Isère (9:00)
- The London Ski and Snowboard Show Festival is on from 25-28 October (14:30)
- You can find out more about Oxygene’s clothing hire service here (29:00)
- The next book we’ll be reviewing in Episode 20 will be ‘Ski The World‘ by Arnie Wilson (41:00)
Give us your feedback…