181: Peter Landsman, Ski Lift Expert
A special interview with Peter Landsman, founder of the website liftblog.com. Peter has personally seen more than 3000 lifts in 720 resorts across North America.
Peter joined us from his home in Jackson Hole and we cover a wide range of topics including how his love for lifts started, his views on T-bars v. button lifts, what he though of skiing in Europe and quiz him on his favourite lifts.
· Peter has visited over 3000 lifts in 720 resorts
· Listen to our interview with ski journalist Arnie Wilson
· His first skiing was in Snowqualmie Pass near Seattle
· Peter currently works in Jackson Hole as a lift supervisor
· www.liftblog.com launched in 2015
· The site includes entire lists of new lifts by season
· Mt Eyak in Alaska was one of the hardest to visit
· Peter went to the Interalpin trade fair in Innsbruck in 2023
· In Europe Peter rode the Galzigbahn in St Anton, Austria
· Button lifts are known as ‘platter lifts’ in North America
· T-bars or button lifts are known as ‘surface lifts’ in the States
· Look out for the upside down chairlift in Big Snow indoor slope in New Jersey
· A moose walked by Peter’s apartment while we were recording!
· The Kumme lift in Zermatt is an unmanned station
· Peter’s recommendations of lifts you must try include the Peak to Peak in Whistler Blackcomb, and the Love Peak tram in Big Sky Montana
· You can follow Peter’s LiftBlog on Instagram
I enjoy all feedback about the show. You can contact us via social @theskipodcast or by email email@example.com
Henry J (Apple Podcasts): ‘Definitely worth a listen’
Don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss an episode. And if you enjoy the pod, you can buy me a coffee at www.buymeacoffee.com/theskipodcast
You can follow me @skipedia and the podcast @theskipodcast
Thank to Les 3 Vallées for sponsoring the show