Episode 15: Fondue, Piste Bashers & Peter Jackson
With the season now at an end, Jim and Iain discuss the best places for summer skiing, why fondue is making a comeback and whether Peter Jackson works as a boot fitter in Mt Dobson…
Plus Jim interviews Vincent Doutres, head of the Cauterets Tourist Office, while Iain heads to Courchevel to meet Antoine Motillon – the only paraplegic piste basher driver in France.
- The 6 snow centres in the UK are The Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead, Milton Keynes Snozone, Chill Factore, Tamworth Snowdome, Castleford Snozone and the Braehead Snozone.
- Fondue is back, apparently.
- This Oxford professor thinks it’s due to the threat of nuclear war
- Asterix in Switzerland is highly recommended for fondue research
- Les 2 Alpes opens for summer skiing on 22 June
- This the photo from the Fonna glacier in Norway that Iain was referring to:
- Val d’Isere opens for summer skiing on 03 June
- Jim recommends skiing in Mount Dobson and Mt Ruapehu if you’re in New Zealand
- Courchevel have started snow farming to preserve the snow on their race piste
- Jim interviewed Vincent Doutres, Tourist Office Director in Cauterets
- The LISTEX Summer Session takes place on 02 May
- Write your own review about the podcast on our Facebook page
Give us your feedback…