Episode 22: New lifts in Tignes & Zermatt, Inside Chill Factore and How To Put Your Boots On
This episode Jim and Iain discuss the new lifts that opened in both Tignes and Zermatt, Jim goes behind the scenes at Chill Factore in Manchester, we find out which Premiership football club will be going to Verbier and Dave reveals how to put your ski boots on properly.
We also interview Dom Killinger from InTheSnow Magazine, listen to cowbells at dawn in Switzerland and Paddy from Huski explains how appearing on The Ski Podcast helped his company win new business!
Listen to the latest episode
Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode and please do leave us a review if you can as it helps others find us.
- Verbier has teamed up with Liverpool FC in the first ski resort/football club partnership (3:30)
- The 3S lift in Zermatt will take skiers up to the highest point served by lifts in Europe (8:00)
- The open-top section of the Grande Motte cable car in Tignes will only be open in summer (9:00)
- The funicular at Aviemore has been closed indefinitely (09:30)
- Listen to Adam Buxton’s ski trip to Morzine (10:30)
- Dom Killinger is publisher of InTheSnow Magazine (11:30)
- Jim and Iain visited LISTEX (17:00)
- 4% of people want less snowfall, apparently (20:45)
- Iain was taking part in the LG Trail ultra marathon when he discovered some musical cows (24:30)
- Paddy from Huski reveals how appearing on The Ski Podcast helped his business (26:00)
- Jim interviewed Ryan Cooper at the Chill Factore – the north west’s premier ski and snow centre (26:30)
- Dave Burrows explains how you should be putting your ski boots on properly (36:00)
- The London Ski and Snowboard Festival is on from 25-28 October (43:00)
- Iain notes that the meta tags have now been updated in the results when you Google ‘london ski show‘ (45:00)
- ‘The Fall Line: America’s rise to ski racing‘ was suggested by Becca Holme for our ‘Ski Book Group’ (46:00)
- Jim and Iain have decided to take Charles’ suggestion of ‘A Wall of White‘
Watch out for our next episode arriving into your podcast app on or around 23 October.