Episode 20: Brexit (again), Junior Worlds Success & Author Interviews
Iain and Jim talk summer holidays in the Alps, discuss how Brexit will affect the cost of your ski holiday, celebrate GB success at the Junior World Champs and re-open our ‘Ski Book Group’ with a look at ‘Ski The World’ by Arnie Wilson.
Listen to the latest episode
You can listen to the latest episode from The Ski Podcast on iTunes, Acast and Google Podcasts or by searching for us on your favourite podcast player. Make sure you subscribe so you never miss an episode.
- Find out more about the frozen Australia owl (2:00)
- Jim skied this summer in Tignes and Cervinia (4:00)
- Listen to Jim’s report on summer in Tignes (4:45)
- It’s Brexit time again (13:00). You can read the SBIT report on their website and listen to our original interview with Charlie Owen (speaking at 13:40 on this episode) in Episode 8 of The Ski Podcast.
- Iain thinks the chance of no Brexit happening at all is 5%. According to Oddschecker it’s 7-4 on that there will be no Brexit deal before April 01 2019 and 11-10 that the UK will still be a full member of the EU on 01 January 2020.
- Lucy Edwards reviews ‘The Ski Podcast’, via Dave (22:30)
- Read more about Ollie Davies and Kirsty Muir’s success at the World Junior Championships (24:00)
- The Ellie Souter Foundation was set up by her father in July
- In our book group section, we discuss ‘Ski The World’ by Arnie Wilson (28:30) – the tragic love story/adventure of the couple of decided to ski every day for a year. This excellent video (NB: contains spoilers!) gives you some insight into the story.
- Jim follows up our discussion of Chris Tomlinson’s memoir ‘Skiing with Demons’ in episode 18 with an interview with the author (27:45)
- Interview with Jonathan Trigell, author of ‘Cham’, available on Waterstones and ebay (41:00)